COVID-19 Funding Opportunities
Keep in mind that UCR subscribes to a powerful search engine PIVOT which provides up-to-date information on funding opportunities.
- NEW (3/27/2020): California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM) Special Call for COVID-19 Projects
CIRM is issuing this special announcement to support promising discovery, preclinical and clinical trial stage projects that could quickly advance treatments to COVID-19 patients in need. Deadline: Open, first deadline 4/7/2020.
- California Education Learning Lab: 2020 Institutional Change RFP
As concerns about COVID-19 are impacting all leaders at public institutions and beyond, consider this opportunity to collaborate with other higher education leaders to deliver innovative, effective education and further your goals for STEM success. Deadline: 4/3/2020.
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- NIH mobilizes national innovation initiative for COVID-19 diagnostics
HEALTH and HUMAN SERVICES
US DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE (USDA)
Department of Defense - Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
Department of Defense
- Hospital Opportunities - 10/5/2020
- Meetings, RIFs - 10/5/2020
- OpsWatch - 10/5/2020
- Hospital Opportunities - 9/28/2020
- Meetings, RIFs - 9/28/2020
- OpsWatch - 9/28/2020
- Hospital Opportunities - 9/21/2020
- Meetings, RIFs - 9/21/2020
- OpsWatch - 9/21/2020
- Hospital Opportunities - 8/31/2020
- Meetings, RIFs - 8/31/2020
- OpsWatch - 8/31/2020
- Hospital Opportunities - 8/24/2020
- Meetings, RIFs UC-FGR - 8/24/2020
- OpsWatch - 8/24/2020
- RFIs, Meeting Notices, Proposers/Industry Days, Nominations
UC-FGR August 10, 2020
- Weekly COVID 19 Opportunities Update New Opportunities August 10, 2020
- Covid19 - Hospital Opportunities - July 20, 2020
- OpsWatch - RFIs, Meeting Notices, Proposers/Industry Days, Nominations
UC-FGR - July 20, 2020
- OpsWatch - Weekly COVID 19 Opportunities Update - July 20, 2020
Non-Profit, Industry and Other Entities
American Heart Association
- AHA Rapid Response Grant COVID-19 and Its Cardiovascular Impact
Invites cardiovascular-focused applications that will contribute to understanding the cardiovascular and cerebrovascular pathogenesis, diagnosis, prevention, clinical manifestations, clinical management and social behaviors which can lead to dissemination, containment, and complications of COVID-19. Deadline: 4/6/2020.
American Lung Association
- COVID-19 and Emerging Respiratory Viruses Research Award
Application Deadline: 5/30/2020 11:59:59 PM
Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Russell Sage Foundation
- NEW (3/30/2020): Funding Opportunities
Support research that analyzes social, political, economic, or psychological disruptions resulting from the coronavirus crisis that affect social and living conditions in the United States. Deadline: 5/21/2020 for LOIs.
- Center for Information Technology Research in the Interest of Society (CITRIS) and the Banatao Institute: CITRIS Seed Funding – COVID-19 Response
CITRIS and the Banatao Institute are soliciting information technology-driven proposals that aim to address the threat across a range of applications. Up to $50,000 available per project. Deadline: 4/24/2020.
- NEW (3/30/2020): Institute of Transportation Studies: COVID-19 Response and Recovery Fast-Track Research
- NEW (4/6/2020): The UC Research Grants Program Office has just issued a funding opportunity for grant funding related to COVID-19. $2M in funding is being made available for brief projects of no more than $25,000 each. No IDC will be assessed. Award turn-around time will be within two weeks of proposal submission. See https://uckeepresearching.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/COVID-RFP-for-Publication.pdf for the RFP.
- Newton Award for Transformative Ideas during the COVID-19 Pandemic. See Funding Opportunity Number BRO-20-NEWTON. Proposals are due no by 1pm (PST) on 5/15/2020.